Postmodernism Response


It was very interesting to read and see the first image of the woman with many different hands and cultural characteristics. After reading the whole article I thought this visual was a good way to represent postmodernism. I was a little confused on how large corporations are are of the postmodern phase. Rather than it being a multinational corporation, I feel like it is more of an American company that forces other cultures and countries to consume its products. I was also wondering if postmodernism is about combining all different cultures and ideas together, then essentially everything can be considered to fall under this category. How do you tell the difference between the two? I was also confused about how Disneyland fits into it all. How can a place like that represent all of the United states, especially when it is based off of childhood fairy tales? I also don't understand when they discuss the difference between the "real" America and Disneyland. They seem to switch the two, which is very confusing.

Comments

Popular Posts